Friday, June 4, 2010

Baby Jack is HERE!!!
















So as most of you have probably heard, sweet little Jack made his debut on May 18, 2010 at 1:18 am. He weighed 8 pounds and 1 ounce and was 22 1/2 inches long. We absolutely fell in love with him from the moment we saw him. He has been such a blessing to our entire family.



Things did not go quite as "planned" for his birthday but we think that the way that things turned out could not have been better. I was supposed to be induced on Tuesday morning but was scheduled to be at the hospital at 3:30 on Monday to get the process started for the night before the "induction". So since I thought that we would have all night at the hospital, I decided to prepare some that day by getting some last minute things together. I wasn't feeling great, but I chalked that up to "nerves" that day, so I decided to go to Renaissance to walk around and get my little addiction (Smoothie King). I should have known that something was up because I couldn't drink my smoothie after I got it and that just doesn't usually happen :) Well anyway, I came home and did things around the house for the rest of the morning, got a shower, and finished packing. Jackie got home around noon and we installed the carseat *(yes i know that we were last minute on this, but at least we got it done...haha). We then decided to go eat Mexican on the way to the hospital because I had not been able to eat all day and I can always eat Mexican. So we got to the Mexican restaurant around 2pm and were going to leave there and head to get candy :) for the hospital. BUT Jack had other plans...my water broke on the way to the hospital. He was ready to be here and we were ready for him too. We checked into our room and things went from there. I was already having contractions every 3-4 minutes and didn't even feel them YET! Jack made his debut early on Tuesday morning and our family was so sweet to all be there for his birth. He was welcomed with love for sure. I also had the best nurses that I could have asked for.



I will try to be better about the blogging and will leave you with some of Jack's finest photos :) Thanks to all of our sweet family, visitors and friends who have made us feel so special at this exciting time in our lives.










2 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys! Jack is precious...quite a handsome little guy. Glad you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MV & Jackie, Baby Jack is perfect in every way.
    Congratulations from Kansas! Keep us updated often.
    Lots of love, Ann Elise

    ReplyDelete